Originated From
AOL Search

Young Adult Assisted Living Facilities in Texas

Trying to locate an assisted living facility in Texas for a young adult who is 31 years old.  She is able to walk with a walker and is mentally around age 12.   In doing research, we have only been able to find assisted living for seniors.  Thanks for any suggestions!


Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

3 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

Hi Sarah. I recommend checking out http://texas.uscity.net/Assisted_Living/ for a facility. Good luck!

<a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://www.rutgers.edu/" class="comlink">Rutgers - Best years of my life!</a> <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://www.rutgers.edu/" class="comlink"> </a> <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://www.rutgers.edu/" class="comlink"> </a>

There is a place called Marbridge in Austin Texas that takes young adults to older people with learning problems. They live there and can work if they want to. It is a great place for any one with disabilites.

We fully understand your situation. We have a son that is 37 and has teenage mental age additionally his medications has allowed him to become obese. We have not been able to find any quaility Assisted Living Facilities available anywhere. We have started a non-profit foundation that is in the process of establishing one in Fort Worth, Texas that will specifically address the needs of young adults (30-55) that are obese. This may not help your specific problem but may help others. You can check out our progess, and contact us, at www. CiFTX.org.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Assisted living

Looking for assisted living for 23 old son

Asked: Does bexar county require assisted living and ...

Does bexar county require assisted living and adult day care facilities to be sprinkled

Asked: Partlow adult home

partlow adult home

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

I want to report an assisted living facility

Call the Dept of Health of the state where the facility is located. Or go to the State's DOH page for the toll free # and further information.

Assisted Living Community vs. Assisted Living Facility

Assisted living facilities and assisted living communities are just the same.

Can relatives give up their home to a relative and go into an assisted

Check with a lawyer. I believe you have to have a Irrevocable Living Trust but it has to be done prior to the admission or they might take your home. Contact a lawyer who handles senior affairs for best advice as this may also vary by state.

What are some good learning sites for young adults ?

Theresa, what kind of learning are you referring to?