Can I come back to USA after being granted voluntary departure?

Hello, I came to USA from Poland on vacation, on tourist visa. I met my girlfriend here(she is American) I felt in love and stayed over 5 years, 4 and a half years longer than I should! Couple months ago immigration police stopped me and they checked my papers. I had a court day already. The judge grand me voluntary departure.  My quastion is if I come back to Poland (I have 120 days to come back) and marry my girlfriend there in Poland, will I be able to come to USA with her. And if so how long will it take because I heard that I might not be able to come back for 10 years, that would be horrible, are there any papers I can file to make it quicker? Thank you for answers.

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

Yes its true, usually the immigration give 10 years ban to their country. The good part of this voluntary departure is you can apply for a visa in orders to come back legally.

Apply for <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="" class="comlink">Australian Visa</a> | <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="" class="comlink">Australian Immigration Visa</a> | <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="" class="comlink">Jobs Needed in Australia</a>

I am brazilian guy,my sister apply for me in seccion 245i in 2001 I was in usa from 1999 to 2008 in2008 I got voluntary I have visa disponible for me!!what my lower need do too, for I can back usa?can I back!!

thanks to aswer!

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Voluntary commitment patient discharge/ legal ...

voluntary commitment patient discharge/ legal rights

Asked: Voluntary lien on real estate in Ohio

I loaned my brother a large sum of money. He signed a promissory note but did not pay it back on the due date. He stated he would pay when he sells his house which he is soon listing for sale. I ...

Asked: Can I collect unemployment if I accept a voluntary ...

Can I collect unemployment if I accept a voluntary severance package in the State of California?

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions


I can't ask for a second mortgage since I do not have a first mortgage. The house is owned free and clear. Sencond I asked about grants not mortgages.

Goverment grants

To learn where you may find personal help, check Government Benefits, Student Loan.

Real government grants

Janice Osborn Story, I was told my name was on a list for a grant already, I don't know how to find it or what to do from there if I do.