Originated From

Can you make time payments if you are found guilty and don't have all the fine money with you at your court date?

Do District Courts in New Hampshire except time payments of fines if the defendant is found guilty and only has some of the money toward the fine due to being out of work for health reasons?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


I went to court in Salem NH (District Court) and found out that if you do not have ALL of the fine money with you, you either have to find someone who will "lend" you the difference, or come back at 2:30pm and face the Presiding Judge, he will decide if you can make payments of go to jail (in NH the court will get $50 per day for each person that goes to jail due to not having enough money for their fine).  I owed $40 and I luckily was able to borrow it from my father.  Now this is only for NH so far, I don't know about other States. 


Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: What if I get Notice of judgement and weekly ...

What if I get Notice of judgement and weekly payments ctsuperior court

Asked: Can the court convert community service hours to ...

Can the court convert community service hours to fines if a client is not able to complete the hours?

Asked: Why are court orders not enforced?

why are court orders not enforced?

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Can I reset a criminal court date due to work?

Work is not an excuse for missing court even traffic court. Since this is a criminal matter, you must hire an attorney to do your bidding. What boss won't let you out for a court date providing he knows about it or it would be embarrassing for your line of work. You could call in sick for that day ...

How to find my court date online

Telephone. Call the court.

What is a payment to NEFCU?

A payment is usually a check or money order to pay for a loan such as a mortgage or a credit card. There are at least three different NEFCU's: New England Federal Credit Union, and another NEFCU on Long Island (NY), and a National Employees Federal Credit Union in West Virginia.

How do i find out if i have a court date in tallahassee fl

Your question is rather vague. In what type of court do you suspect there may be a hearing? Do you have a prior case and/or case number? In general, you would contact the local court which has jurisdiction over the matter; i.e., Family Law, Civil, Traffic, Criminal, etcetera. If you do not know or ...