TEXAS- my husband thru his divorce got the house that they shared. Him and I met,we have been married for 16 yrs now and have 3 children. In 2004 we refinanced the house and I just found out that my name is not on the deed but my name is on the mortgage loan. We did that for me to be on the deed also(that's what he told me)my ? is- how do i need to get my name on the deed. If its not 50/50 then I need to get my name off the loan. How do I go about that?  I will take any advice, I think he screwed me?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

5 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

You can't take your name off of the loan unless you get a new loan.  As far as the deed goes, you should be able to have your name added.  In Texas, surviving children are entitled to a portion of the property owned by parents, unless otherwise stated (in a will).  In other words, get a lawyer.

One day I said, 'I will go out & look for my enemies' and on that day I found no friends. The next day I said, 'I will go out & look for my friends' & on that day I found no enemies. ~YeddaHeads~

Adding yourself to a mortgage deed is easy...just call your local title company and ask them to add you.  They might charge a small fee for this.  But remember, Texas is a community property state so since you are legally married you own 50% of the house regardless.

However, now that Texas mortgage rates are so low you guys might want to call your local Texas mortgage broker and refinance...get a lower mortgage rate and make sure your on mortgage and title.

the world's largest ranches (larger than Rhode Island) is King Ranch.The historic king ranch located in Kingsville, Texas.The Running-R Ranch a vacation guest ranch, dude ranch, with it is focus on horseback riding.

Trip duPerier and the duPerier Texas Land Man, LLC. staff specialize in Texas Ranch Sales, offering the finest Texas land for sale in the state. The duPerier Texas Land Man, LLC. sells the finest Texas Ranches for Sale in the state of Texas.
source :   http://www.texas-landman.com/local/texas-ranches-for-sale-the-duperier-texas-land-man

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Mortgage refinance

is it necessary to have my wife on the mortgage, on a refinance, or is this a bad move

Asked: USA Mortgage

I keep getting unsolicited calls from "USA Mortgage" located in California. Who are these guys?

Asked: Can you build and finance a house without ...

Can you build and finance a house without financing or putting a lien on the land it is on?

Be The First To Answer

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Dreadlocks attorney near Austin Texas?

David Komie. Or something like that. Calls himself "The Rock 'n Roll Attorney".

Possession of stuntguns

Stun guns (TASER) is regarded as a firearm in Texas and the same laws apply to the use of a TASER as apply to a handgun. You have to pass the same background check in Texas for a TASER as you do for a more lethal weapon. A criminal conviction, outstanding warrant, or mental health complaint, will ...

Rental homes in maypearl texas

Maypearl, Texas Homes for rent on MyNewPlace.com. View photos, videos and details for rental homes, rental properties, townhomes, condos, or duplexes source : http://www.texas-landman.com/local/texas-ranches-for-sale-the-duperier-texas-land-man

I am from texas, can I buy a gun in new mexico

You can buy a gun at Amazon.com .