Originated From
AOL Search

Can i claim a disabled parent receiving ssi on my taxes

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

Jennifer, You can only claim a person if you have provided more than 50 percent of their support for the year.

Anna Sparky's Mom

Please adopt a pet. We need you! ***** I am a free spirit who is grateful for my life and freedom...today. Christine Burgess ***** I am blessed to be friends with the best.

The above answer is correct. In additon, The support test considers all of the dependent's income - both taxable and nontaxable. So, depending on the amount of the benefit, you may or may not. There are worksheets on the IRS website that will help you determin that.

Tax Geek

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: How to stop home tax at age 65?

Home Tax

Asked: Inheritance tax

Does an american citizen have to pay inheritance tax on money (under $40,000) left from a foreign relative?

Asked: Amazon Sale Tax

How does Amazon avoid charging sales tax?

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Social security claim

If you want to know what is going on with your Social Security disability case, ask. Check out my article on figuring out where your file may be and how to get information about your case: http://www.socialsecurityinsider.com/2008/12/avoid-bad-information-call-the-right-social-security-office/

Ssi quary where do i find

Is that the same quary that Mr. Slate is in charge of? That would be just outside of Bedrock.

What Is a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Claim?

SSI=partial disability. SSA has schedule B-E to say what it is. Psych means U can't B w/ any disabled person. Must B able 2 work 60 hrs/wk min.

An I work if 100% disabled vrt do to uneployablity

The short and safe answer is no. The whole purpose of paying unemployability benefits is because an individual cannot work. Technically the term is "cannot engage in gainful employment." Because that is the criteria, there is not an income limit if an individual for example, did work as you infer ...