Originated From
AOL Search

How do I answer a summons?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

Your answer will depend on the type of complaint that is filed with the summons. In general, if you don't have an attorney you will file your answer with the clerk of court where the summons is filed. You should also send this to whoever filed the summons against you. When the case is scheduled for court, appear.

Thank you, that is what I am going to do today.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: I recieved a Pink Summons (Disobeyed a park sign ...

I recieved a Pink Summons (Disobeyed a park sign while driving around the circle in prospect park), NYC. Is this a criminal offense?

Asked: Summons

I have been summons to court but I have told my DA in numerous ocassions I do not want to what will happen if I do not show up ?

Asked: I have an old speeding summons/Criminal ...

I have an old speeding summons/Criminal summons and I want to pay it. How do I go about it? It is dated 12/14/2007 in the amount of $285.00. Can I just pay the summons by mail?

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions


The order of Josephus has a unique symbol in Judaism: a cross and a star of David intertwined in a specific way. Their doctrine is similar to Coptic doctrine (they are in the same general locale). Josephus is an order of historians, who prize accuracy over all other things and will not flatter or ...

Summons serve at ups store.

No, it must be served in person

I got a criminal summons in the mail after the ...

Tell them exactly what you said here. As long as you have proof to what you are saying, I think they will be flexible.

I was summons to be a witness in a Estate trial ...

call and see if you can rescedual or have someone stand in for you, like a family member you trust or your loyer if you have one.