Someone seems to be sending emails from my account (hacking?) what do I do to make it stop?
· Make sure you have antivirus protection on your PC. (If you have not installed any antivirus software, go tosafety.aol.com to find the latest McAfee software provided by AOL).
· Ensure that your antivirus software is up-to-date.
· Run a complete scan of your computer using your antivirus software.
· Change your AOL password at password.aol.com. Remember, strong passwords are a combination of upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters (e.g., @, #, and &).
· Review your “Away Messages” for both your AOL Mail and Instant Messages to ensure that they have not been modified to include spam or other inappropriate content. Please check the articles listed under Related Articles for instructions to set your Away Message for both your AOL Mail and Instant Messages.
· Review your “signatures” for AOL Mail, message board posts, and comments to ensure that they have not been modified to include spam or other inappropriate content. Please check the articles listed under Related Articles for instructions to set your signature for AOL Mail and Message Boards.
Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:
Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them