Originated From
AOL Search

How soon before my 62 birthday should I file for social security?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


Your talking early retirement, right? Three to four months before your 62nd. birthday is the time to apply.. It will take approx 60 to 90 days for the filing process to be approved.. You will be told what you must bring to the first appointment (which could be two to four weeks).. You realize that you will not get the 100% amount that you would receive at 65/66 don't you? By filing early you will get approx 65% (more or less) but you will be paid for 4 to 5 years earlier and totalling that up, it would take around eight to ten years to make that amount up at full retirement, so filing early is a smart move on your part. AND you will have 25,000.00 to play with each year to work and not have to pay taxes on your funds.. This means, if you receive 10,000.00 in s.s. checks a year then you can work at another job and make up to 15,000.00 a year tax free.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Effective inventory financing services in ...

Effective inventory financing services in indonesia, provided by which institution?

Asked: Financing services in Indonesia?

Finance is a life line of any business hence looking for financial institute or bank for accounts receivable financing services in Indonesia?

Asked: Transfer money to a friend

Transfer money to a friend

More Questions


Hi Miguel: For assistance, please refer to the help article below. What is email spoofing and how can I tell if my account has been spoofed?

I paid $100,000 in taxes and social security and social security wont let

Every person that I know who paid that much in taxes has accountants and lawyers on their payroll. If you don't have such people working for you, hire at least one.

What to do for a girls 13th birthday

In my sister's 13th birthday party I was really surprised her. I got the idea from very helpful site. You can also try this. They have too many different kind of ideas. please go http://birthdayplanet.net/

Security Breech

Hi Chris: For assistance, please refer to the help article below. Compromised accounts