Are ripe mangoes safe for a 6 month old baby? My son can't seem to get enough of them but unfortunately, he vomits after eating them.
To the best of my knowledge, mango is perfectly safe (especially if it's ripe.) But to be sure, you should probably run this question by your pediatrician.
(Personally, I believe that babies should only begin eating solids at the age of 6 months. In my opinion, starting them on food any sooner just adds to the risk of food allergies.)
It is possible that he's experiencing a mild allergic reaction to mango. Does he vomit no matter what quantity of it he eats? If so, I'd hold off giving him any more for a few more months.
Is mango the only food which affects him in this way? Or do other tropical fruits have the same effect?
Again, your son's pediatrician may be the best person to ask - but I suggest holding off.
He's not chewing on the peel, is he? While mangos are very nutricious, the peel contains urushiol, which is the same irritant found in poison ivy.
JKgrandma's answer rocks - I agree with.
Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:
Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them