Originated From
AOL Search

If I take retirement at the age of 62 and want to ...

If I take retirement at the age of 62 and want to go back to work at the age of 64 and retire again at the age of 66 will my benifits increase from what I collected at 62 and will I have to pay back SSI for the 2 years I collected ?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

First, the payback issue.  You do NOT have to pay back the money you received.  However, if you do, then you can retire at a later date and draw full pension, which should be significantly higher.

If you retire at 62, you will receive a lower (early retirement) monthly pension, which will remain basically the same for life and will NOT be increased because of any additional contributions you may make.  (unless you repay, as noted above)

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Once you resign from your job and join again you wont get much retirement benefits. And yes you have to join any private firm for work, 

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Have you had any corporate retirement scheme ...

Have you had any corporate retirement scheme provided from your firm?

Asked: What's the best island to retire to?

What's the best island to retire to?

Asked: Warm,apt-living places to retire

warm, apt-living places to retire

Be The First To Answer

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Vote for Hilary Clinton, the senile candidate!

Hilary Clinton takes 17 meds. Some affect her mentally. Said so N AARP Journal. Blamed Benghazi on her meds. Warned U abt Bill Clinton. Warned U abt Obama. Warned U abt Hilary. WILL U PLS LISTEN 2 REASON?

Age at death

Psalm 90 says three score and ten, or by reason of strength four score.

Best time to retire

It's a disgrace that the leftist Muslim Atheist poster is pretending to be a marine. People have served and died defending our country. Show some respect for those who have served and stop posting under this alias.


Unless you qualify for Social Security disibility or you have end stage renal diease or your in a nurshing home ,you can't get any kind od medicare untill your age 65.