We have just received a letter of denial from USCIS and are filing an appeal

My husband is from England and we have a 1 year old son together. We have just received a letter of denial from USCIS. We understand this is because of some papers we sent to them went missing in the mail. He has been told he has 30 days to leave the country. We are filing an appeal. Is there anything else that we can do?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

No, not anymore you can do.  The service says they are not responsible for lost mail not reaching them.  However, if you can prove the service rec'd the information, (certified mail receipt showing they signed for the info you sent) it, is to your advantage in getting the case re-opened.  if the case should go to an immigratoin judge, be prepared to show a hardship case to you and your son should he be removed from the United States. 


I am going thru the same process..its really hard, I am always scared that they are going to knock on the door and just take him away...

are you scared ?

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: What files am i missing so i can load microsoft ...

what files am i missing so i can load microsoft and windows updates

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Where can i get a new file for veiwsat ultra

I like http://www.ftafiles.org personally. It's free.

I was fired because of a medical condition called ...

You need a lawyer and fast. Sounds like you're being taken advantage of. This is really wrong and you should get what you deserve. A lawyer can help you understand what your rights are.

What would happen if appeals was eliminated from the system as a whole

I assume you mean appeals in criminal trials. Disaster would happen. Procedural errors are made in trials that have nothing to do with the guilt or non guilt of the person being tried but can bias a trial so badly that it must be held again. New evidence, or a counter to evidence ...