Originated From
AOL Coaches

I am a 50 year old female, and hurt all the time ...

I am a 50 year old female, and hurt all the time...all over...it's very hard to exercise when I hurt so much, therefore haven't been able to lose weight either. I also have Hashimoto's Disease....any imput ? Where would I start in finding a doctor to help me with the pain?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

I would see a doctor that you trust, whether it is your general doctor or a specialist and I would have that doctor recommend a specialist to you that can help you with your pain.  I would think that there are some good pain controlling medicines that could help you to live your life more normally, to be able to exercise, and to live a life without pain.  Good luck!

I wouldn't wanna be in a club that wouldn't let me in...

Hashimoto's is a dysfunction (hypo) of the thryoid, which most definitely affects the ability to lose weight, it can make you feel very tired and it can also cause the chronic pains that you are feeling, those typically associated with a condition called Fibromyalgia.

Other factors in play here may include a sleeping disorder, and a hormonal imbalance, all of which can be checked easily by your doctor through a series of blood tests.

At the moment, there is no specific treatment available, but you are advised to avoid foods which contain natural iodine, such as kelp, seaweed and miso (used in sushi).

For your information regarding weight loss, 90% of the success comes from limiting food intake, and 10% comes from exercise.  In your case, I would recommend that you try exercise such as swimming, Tai Chi or Feldenkreis, which should be gentle to your body.  Do the exercise 3 times a week at a minimum, but listen to the signals sent by your body; if you need to take a break, do so.

 Eventually your threshold will increase and you will feel better overall in daily activities.

It's your future, be there healthy.

More Questions

Can you help me find year book or class picture for Forest HIlls

Many public libraries have a shelf for yearbooks from the local highschools.

I have custody of my 8 year old granddaughter. I ...

Bed wetting with behavioral problems are big red flags; seek counseling especially by professionals who specialize in behavioral management.

How to lose weight morbidly obese female 43 years old 315 pounds?

The safe way to lose weight is to eat less. Someone weighing 315 pounds will use about 3150 calories daily without exercising. So if you can limit what you eat to 2000 calories daily, you can lose 2 pounds a week, which would take 6 months to lose 50 pounds. But as you weigh less, you would have ...

Check in documents for a 15year old passenger

For international travel, a passport is required, even for children under 18. For travel within the US with an adult, no travel document is required except the boarding pass. However a picture ID may be helpful. Traveling unaccompanied may require special arrangements; almost always for children ...