Originated From
AOL Search

In ontempt of court visitation rights.

I have a problem with my visitation time. My ex-wife believes that if I do not take my daughter to her softball, baskietball, soccer, games birthday parties then I cannot have her on those weekends. She said she paid for these things and no one is going to stop her from taking the child to them. I do not beleive I have to comply with this as I have plans to take her and do other things with her.  She has withheld where the games are or the times they are on other times so I will not go to participate with her. I am not included in any school activites as well. I am not on the list to be able to be called if she is  sick or if I want to pick her up after school. I do not have any more money to see a lawyer as she has already put me in bankruptcy from the first two. What can I do about this?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

If you have court ordered visitationn rights, she has no legal right to stop you from your scheduled visitation. If you cannot afford a lawyer, most states offer free, or fees that are based on your ability to pay, legal services. Call your county bar association and they can refer you to a lawyer.

she should not have schedualed these activities during your visitation ,but it may be important to your daughter maybe you can take her to these games and support your child get involved theres no law about attending your childs activities weater or not it is your visit or not that makes you look better to the courts as being involved with your child, and pi##es off the mother too not to be mean i have had similar problems with a mother trying to keep me away to try making me look bad you dont need to be mean or rude just act happy even if you are not when you look or think about the woman good luck

If you want it done and done right the first time do it yourself

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Visitation

I write to you because I'm pretty sure you could help me out with some info. I'm going thru some visitation issue with my kid's mother. I put myself on childsupport so I could have my father's right ...

Asked: I filled in the appliction to visit along with ...

I filled in the appliction to visit along with proper pictures and driver s license..and haven t heard anything..(Wartburg Prison)..Also I sent money and ws told it would be returned but it hasn t ...

Asked: Do you think that people that visit South or ...

Do you think that people that visit South or Central America would be interested in learning Spanish focus on traveling only through an innovative video and down loadable CD?

More Questions

With property damages can i file for punitive damages in small claim

Defined:: Monetary compensation awarded to an injured party that goes beyond that which is necessary to compensate the individual for losses and that is ... What you asked:: With property damages You must proof that you brought it, own it, most of all the other person damaged it. In most states ...

Why are court orders not enforced?

Court orders are issued, but they are hard to enforce. If it is an order for someone to pay, they might not have the cash, or they don't want to pay. You may need to get more court orders to seize assets or garnish wages. If it is a protective order, the court does not send a policeman to stand ...

Can a Father lose his visitation rights, just because he is

I agree as well that you should see or consult with a child custody lawyer . it is a delicate subject and laws change periodically.

Does a 13 year old have a say in visitation rights

You women are probably lying... I am sure if the truth be known you are just making up BS to prevent a relationship with the Father. That is typical of what the modern day woman is trying to accomplish.