Is It Okay to soak you contacts in solution?
I ran out of solution for my contacts and so I soaked them in water until I got a bottle of solution, but then I completely forgot about them, and have left them soaking in the water for the past three weeks. But now I have solution. Is it ok for me to remove the water and add the solution and let it soak in the solution over night so I can where them tomorrow, or did I leave it in the water too long for me to where them again?
I don't think that soaking them in water will do any harm to them, however they should be disinfected before you use them again. If you have a disinfectant solution then put that on the lenses for about an hour and then soak them in the regular neutralizing solution.
Water is not good for soaking contacts at any circumstances. you should buy a new pair. Water may contain bacteria, allergens that may be harmful for the eye. Example: Acanthamoeba is a bacteria that cause infection that may result to blindness or losing your eyeball.It has been found in virtually every environment, including soil, dust, fresh water and seawater. Acanthamoeba is also found in chlorinated swimming pools, hot tubs, domestic tap water and even in bottled water. Most who are infected by this bacteria are contact lens wearer, some of them use water and homemade contact solution. Check out this you tube video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AjGO6_OAc Source: consultant to CoCo Contacts
Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:
Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them