Originated From
AOL Search

How do I get a copy of my medical records that were used by the Administrative Law Judge to decide my SSI claim?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

4 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

I would go to the doctors office or hospital that you have visited. They will definitely have what you are looking for. Just tell them that you need it and there shouldnt have any problems

The process I encountered was to sign a release with the Primary Treating Physician (PCP) who was most involved in your care.  If you had i.e. Back Surgery, I would approach the Orthopedic Sugeron or Neuro-Surgeon.  If you have a PHYSICAL condition, i.e. Heart Attack, Stent, Pulmonary Embolism, Blood Clots, or something of this nature, again the PRIMARY treating physcian is where I would request the Medical Records.  In the State of Florida, this is the process.  Did you have an attorney who represented you in your fiing for benefits?  Was this the first try at Disability?  If I may help you further, please feel free to contact me directly at:  distantwings4747@aol.com at any time.

I went through this process in 2000, thus qualifying for Medicare 24 months later.  Actually, it was an easy process; and being an active Health Care Advocate for Lake County, Florida, I would be glad to share and give you support in any manner I can.

Best to you and better health.


meetze94    aka  distantwings 

Caring for others like thyself. Truth, Justice~the American way. God is great, a beer is good, People are crazy!

You go to your hospital or your Dr. office and ask for a copy of your medical records they have to give you a copy. I think if you ask for another copy they can charge you for the paper it is like a ten dollar fee. but, you should not have any problems getting them.

I think you should go to the doctors office or the hospital and ask for your medical records.

Electronic Medical Records

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Where to obtain patient medical records from ...

Where to obtain patient medical records from Schumpert Hospital, Shreveport, LA.

Asked: I am searching for health records for twin ...

I am searching for health records for twin girls born October 28th 1972 in Mechlenburg County Hospital. We adopted them through Social Services. I have tried every avenue for years. They would ...

Asked: Heilbronn germany u s medical clinic installation

heilbronn germany u s medical clinic installation

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

How Personal Injury Claim and Settlement?

Definitely if the solicitor turns to be the perfect one, then surely you can get the desired compensation to lead your life happily from the government. Before all, see that the solicitor is good in his knowledge and also you must see his previous cases. Analyze everything for a long period of time ...

A Bankruptcy Law Firm, LLC

is this best law community for advice and more than help... for considuite.. http://www.saintlouisbankruptcyattorney.com/

Is there a time limit on claiming amount of money you paid a lawyer to

a supplemental security income or SSI pays benefits to disabled adults and children who have limited income...SSI benefits are payable to people 65 and older w/o disabilities who meet the financial limits...seek an expert lawyer or an accident claim lawyers for more legal information.


I think, you can not solve our problem without law service. Law service is very important for anyone.