Originated From
AOL Search

Medicaid and Marriage Counseling

Does Medicaid cover marriage counseling?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

4 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

If you are on Medicaid, you should have a case worker.  Ask them if they know.  If they don't, check into your local United Way Agency or ask your family doctor, if they know if Medicaid covers.

I think it does. I know for sure that Medicaid covers full cost of individual counseling, so it should also cover marriage counseling. Contact your local county assistance office or the number on the back of your card to find out.


Marriage counseling can help you learn skills to solidify your marriage relationship. These skills may comprise to communicating openly, problems resolving together and discussing differences rationally. In some cases, such as mental illness or substance abuse, your marriage counselor may work with your extra health care professionals to give a full spectrum of treatment. In this helpful marriage counseling, you will learn how to avoid blaming one another and to rediscover what it was that brought you together as a couple in first places.  You will explore new way to communicate and to make your needs known to each other in a positive way that helps strengthen your relationship.  


Before you go to  Marriage counseling, you can get help online for FREE! 

<a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://www.buildmymarriage.com" class="comlink">buildmymarriage.com</a>

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Just a hypothetical question: If your marriage ...

Just a hypothetical question: If your marriage were on the rocks, would you ever consider online marriage counseling? It's just that I've always felt counseling should be done face-to-face.

Asked: Are the counseling places free? I do not have ...

Are the counseling places free? I do not have insurance, and my family needs counseling before it is too late. My husband does not think we need it but things are too stressful for me. I sometimes ...

Asked: It's about my marriage , i really need your help n ...

Hi This is Angel I have explianed you breifly My problem Here Could you Please give me some advise and help. we r been married for 2yrs and 5 months and my husband is a heavy drinker and smoker ,ours ...

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions


chad hatten houston

My mother-in-law had medicaid but now it is inactivate. How does she go

Have her call social security hotline. I THINK the number is 1-800-772-1213. They should be able to help her contact the right people.

I need information about catholic marriage and family counseling

Here is a very important bit of information pertaining to your question: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp Reverend Cooper

I was recently terminated from job my wife works ...

Hey if you want to work from home and need help I can provide you with all the answers add me to skype: Seovault