Originated From
AOL Search

LIA, SIA. EM LWA - WWII Army abbreviations

My father was in WWII European theater. He kept a record of what happened to the members in his group. The abbrevations are what I was looking for, most I know. KIA Killed in action. The one's I am looking for are as follows:


Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: What is the abbreviation for historiographer

what is the abbreviation for historiographer

Asked: Army Training Film "Hamburg Run"

I'm looking for an Army training film called "Hamburg Run" from the early 1940s that had Alan Ladd and my father in it. Is getting a copy a possibility? I think it was filmed in Culver City, CA

Asked: During WWII how did the German Army make diesel ...

Top Real estate agent in San Gabriel Valley CA homes for sale Realtor Real Estate Agent Samii 435 Garfield ave #102 South Pasadena CA 91030 (310) 529-7085 buy sell a home house condo During ...

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Question about Arbonne France in WWII?

The Battle of the Argonne Forest was part of the final Allied offensive of the war, but that was WW1. The Ardennes Offensive (16 December 1944 – 25 January 1945) was a major German offensive launched towards the end of WWII through the forested Ardennes Mountains of Belgium Hope that helps you ...

Tracing my father's steps in Europe during WWII

You should try hiring a researcher to go through the daily unit records which will allow them to trace your father's steps during the war. You will be able to see where he was and what was going on while he was in the army. Here is a link to a research site which provides such a service: www ...

Researching records of WWII veteran

Your grandfather probably had a pension record. You can order a form from the National Archives. It takes a while for a response, but it's well worth it. I'm sure they have a web site. National Archives.org or something like that. If they find anything, they'll send you a notice of the cost and ...


I'm not sure what the GCSES is so I'm not sure. Sorry!