Alcohol poisoning (also known as an alcohol overdose) is a dangerous and sometimes deadly result of drinking extreme amounts of ethanol alcohol.
It is important and relevant to emphasize the fact that binge drinking (consuming five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males and ingesting four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females) can also lead to alcohol poisoning.
The effects of the alcohol on your body depend on the amount of alcohol in your blood (blood alcohol level).
It is important to emphasize the fact that alcohol poisoning symptoms are not experienced only by alcohol abusers.
Nausea and vomiting are almost always the first alcohol poisoning symptoms.These symptoms of alcohol poisoning are messages from your body and from your brain that you consumed more alcohol than your body can metabolize.