Originated From

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


Well, for the numerous cases that I have not won, I've had to read'em and weep!  Despite receiving an adverse verdict, I consider some of them victories because certain issues were brought to the forefront and illicit practices were aired.


You have the option of appealing an adverse decision.  In state court appealis to one of the circuits from the district court, and then to the state supreme court.  On the federal level, the appeal is to one of the court of appeals and then to the U. S. Supreme Court.    An appellate court has the option of upholding the lower decision, remanding it for further consideration or reversing the ruling of the lower court among other things.


Normally, I have not had to pay for losing because I represented myself in forma pauperis, as a pauper.  However, in other instances the court may invoke attorney fees, court costs and other remedies against the losing party.  I have known one federal court to award an alternative judgment against one policeman who sued a certain police department for discrimination and wrongful termination.  The remedies are varied.  Yet, I believe what is written covers most of them.

"The last 4 letter of my African Heritage and my American Creed spell 'i can'!"

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Civil lawsuit for emotional distress against the ...

If I am filing a civil lawsuit for emotional distress against my husband's mistress in the state of Idaho, what are the steps I need to take to start the process? What are the monetary compensations ...

Asked: Have a lawsuit against an individual and a company ...

Have a lawsuit against an individual and a company. The individual defendant has suddenly died. With him dead, what happens now.

Asked: Who pay in civil suites?

In a civil lawsuit, who pays the defendents legal fees if the plaintiff loses in court?

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Case search in brampton canada

Google Supreme Court - Ontario

What really happened to me?

How would anything Tadpole-Vega says matter? What happened to our resident psychotic? I don't know that it matters.

I obtained a loan on my vehicle for my 1st cousin ...

You can can sue him for a civil suit. Though all deals were made verbally, an attorney can help you with that matter on what's the right procedure. Anyway, there's nothing wrong in trying. Try Civil Rights Lawyers they know more regarding your concerns.

Is "Double or Lose" correct words in English?? I need to named my game

"Double or Nothing" is the more typical phrase. "Double or lose" is how backgammon doubles work; you either agree to double the stakes, or concede.