Originated From

My girlfriend is being mentally abused at home, what can i do?

My girlfriend is being mentally abused at home, what can i do?Okay my girlfriend is 17 and she is being mentally and verbally abused. Her mom takes pills everyday and gets very angry at her for nothing and hopes she would burn in hell wont let er leave the house hardly at all. and always puts her down to the lowest and she wants to commit suicide sometimes. And her stepdad is no better. Shes tried calling the cops but i guess she didnt tell them everything. I cant let anything happen to her. what do i do?????


My mom wants to bring the Cops down there and she said if my girlfriend wants to leave that shes offering her a place to stay and the cops cant make her stay at home is this true? Please help me someone. We both do live in north carolina if that helps

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

What is the legal age in NC?  Call Child Services Protection

At 17 she is legally still considered a minor and can protected through child services. Give them a call and see what they can do for her. http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/minors-and-the-law/north-carolina/

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Mesothelioma law suit- My father is deceased ...

mesothelioma law suit- My father is deceased but had a lawsuit filed, there are settlements pending. I have a sister who has been receiving checks, but there are 3 other siblings who have received ...

Asked: Alabama 1970 law reforms stops quickie divorces

alabama 1970 law reforms stops quickie divorces

Asked: What is the law regarding having a phone in a ...

What is South Carolina law regarding phones in rental units? Does the owner of rental property have to have a landline phone in house for renters use?

Be The First To Answer

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Abusive Soilders

Put a recording device on your phone and record every call. Delete the ones that are not from him. From there bring these recordings to the police and get a restraining order. Even if he comes up to you and does nothing, he will still be breaking the law and either have to go to jail or court ...

Were do i go for mental health

You could always go to you city and county health system to find city and county health centers that is not a hospital. There are city workers that are Licensed clinical social worker and psychiatrist. That how it is here in San Francisco. City and county one are for people who anxiety disorder ...

I have a very abusive mother.I have PTSD because ...

Thank you for your ansewer.I have come to relize that I really never had a mother. I do have trouble just forgetting about her.I moved to a diffrent state to get away from her. Now I think I have more than one mental disability.Some that I always had but just now comming out now.

Home improvement

If you want to improve your home home then wall panels, ACP panels and sandwich panels are the best option for you. For more details - http://www.aludecor.com/