Discuss Antoinette's answer to: Free Burial in New York state

How does a poor family in New York State bury a relative when the deceased has no money and the family has no money?

contact the NYC Human Resources Administration Department of social services. Burial Claims unit. 718-488-5482. 151 Lawerence St, Rm 501, Brooklyn, NY 11217. You can also google buruial assistance and download application

Liked this answer? Tell your friends about it

Comments About This Answer

Add your comment
emily gonzalez

I went to the burial unit at chapel street they ask for 2 letters one from social security and one from the checking cash place were my mom got her direct deposit they both refuse to give the letters that the burial unit ask for according to them they never heard of this and refuse to help me can I seek a help of an advocate or do you have any suggestions what else to do? 

Add Your Comment (or add your own answer)