How do you repair a hole (say 8" dia.)in dry wall?
I think that my brother needs to sleep with the fish.
I am not answering any more of his questions today.
1. Cut the hole so that you have a square.
2. Cut a 1x4 so that it is about 4-6" longer than the defect.
3. Place the brace into the hole such that one side of the hole is aligned along the middle of the long side of the brace.
4. Drive 1 5/8" drywall screws thru the wall, into the brace.
5. Repeat on the other side.
6. Cut a piece of drywall to match the defect.
7. Attach drywall to the braces with dry wall screws.
8. For something this small, you do not need to tape it.
9. Mud and sand.
Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:
Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them