Originated From
AOL Search

Elder care

If an assisted living resident receives a bill from medical services and the assisted living home is receiving the residents income, who should be responsible for this bill?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


Individuals whose net monthly income is higher than the state payment rate may qualify for the program if they pay or agree to pay a portion of their income on monthly medical costs. This is called the share of cost. Individuals eligible with a share of cost must pay or take responsibility for a portion of their medical bills each month before they receive coverage. Medi-Cal then pays the remainder, provided the Medi-Cal program covers the services. This works much like an insurance deductible. The amount of the share of cost is equal to the difference between the "maintenance need standard" and the individual's net non-exempt monthly income. You may want to read about long term care cost by state through http://www.amazines.com/article_detail.cfm/5874407?articleid=5874407.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Health

How-To Build Muscle Rapidly And Get A Body That Is Hot ?

Asked: Health

How Garcinia Body Pro works? http://www.garciniabodyprobuy.com/

Asked: Health

How do seedlings help with lines? http://www.powerfulskincaresolution.com/my-unbiased-review-on-bellavita-serum/

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

If in home elder care is available in my area, is ...

You need to understand that Medicare doesn't cover adult day care, assisted living and nursing homes. Although, Medicare has limited long term care benefits, this federal program covers home health care but only if you meet its conditions. It also pays for a limited stay in a nursing facility but it ...

My elderly mother was first forced out of her own ...

Dear Richard, This is Mary again. I gave more thought to your problem, and I have to admit that a close friend of mine is going through the same thing with her siblings and mother. I may have sounded like keep your relationships with siblings at all cost. My friend is not choosing that path ...

Help with elderly care

if he's not financially fit he can ask help from Medicaid. you may try social services in your area. i think there's one :) if he buys long term care insurance he'll surely get expensive premium because of his age.

If i want to open a day care for the elderly what's my biggest

You should consider some helpful facts when you are planning to start your own home care service. You must be knowledgeable enough on how to take care of your patients. Like us on Facebook