Originated From

Depositing Large Sums of Money

I recently inherited $3,000,000,000 can I deposit this amount directly into my Bank of America savings or checking account? Do I have to report this money to the federal government and pay an inheritance tax? Please respond. Thank you.

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


Sure you can deposit it before or after you get taxed.  Yes you will have to report this inheritance for tax purposes, and should consult an estate lawyer and a CA on how to mitigate any taxes.  The reason for the lawyer is that CAs are at times obligated to report matters that they have discussed with the IRS.

Keep in mind that in terms of bank failures, the money is only insure to a set maximum to a single bank institution, and not to each account within a bank institution.

<a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://thebrainofjaak.tumblr.com/" class="comlink">The Brain of Jaak</a>

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Help with Alimony/child support check

My ex-husband claimed he gave me an alimony-child support check, which he never did. He just e-mailed me a copy of the front and back of the check. He forged my name on the back of the check and the ...

Asked: URGENT - AOL account cancellation - USA/EU laws ...

Hi Team, I hereby request that my AOL account associated to dimsmartin (@) mac.com be fully cancelled and all data erased. This request is rule by the USA and E.U. laws and agreements. Thanks ...

Asked: Muscular drusenoid deposits

muscular drusenoid deposits

More Questions

I won some money, which safe deposit box is best?

Why do you want to put in safe deposit box? That’s a better option if you’re looking at putting things like jewelry, important documents, etc. I would suggest investing it or depositing it into the bank; at least the fixed deposit rates can earn you some interest …

I will be receiving a large sum of money that has ...

The initial amount of money may be taxed depending on it's source. There is no way to invest it to avoid taxation unless you qualify for a tax deductible retirement vehicle and there are limits to that. Once you've paid the tax, investing in tax-free bonds (municipals) will give you tax free ...

Time Deposit that gives me higher interest rate with agreeable tenors in

I cannot give you the most appropriate answer of the same but I think you are suppose to get along with someone who could treat you with the utmost reliabilities. To know more about this do visit: http://www.a-1commercialroofing.com/

Which bank is best to deposit money in Singapore?

Quite a vague question. What do you mean by best? Interest rates, customer service or ease of access, cash deposit facilities? Probably one of the biggest banks in Singapore then - posb/dbs.