How to get a copy of your sons social security card

I need to know how to get a copy of my Sons social security card. I don't know were he was born but know what state. The mother is trying to make everything extreamly difficult on me. He was born in MN. I have all the documents saying I am the father. Please someone help. I am trying to get into the navy. With out the card and all i need is a copy I can't proceed.?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

3 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

Call the state's ss office, they will tell you.

thanky you very much for the info.

you will have to show id for you and for the child. if you don't have custody of the child social security will not issue a card to you. if for children can usually be things like immunization records, id cards (issued by the school) but they have to be original documents and not expired.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: What is the most a social security advocate can ...

what is the most a social security advocate can charge in Connecticut

Asked: Do I have to apply for social security after 1 ...

long term disability insurance--My insurance co.( I have been out of work for 1 yr. due to a stroke) is telling me that I must apply for social security disability & if it is retroactive then I must ...

Asked: Can i pay my bills using red numbers on back of my ...

can i pay my bills using red numbers on back of my social security card

Be The First To Answer

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them

More Questions

How do you get off of Social Security benefits?

If you are on Disability benefits and you want to work, there are work incentives that let you continue receiving benefits for some time. Call Social Security and let them know when you start work, and let them know if you stop work or change your hours.

Need Social Security Disability Lawyer for Insurance Benefits

Contact NY Bar Assn. They know lawyers who will take Ur case. X-pect justice, not huge money. SSA is there to help, but U need to help 2.


If you have Life lock and their phone number than call them. Don't give out anything over the Internet from someone asking.

Can a person apply for social security retirement benefits under a

I was told by the SS ADM. that you can.....As long as the X has not remarried and you have not remarried. You also have to qualify by being their only spouce for 10 years.