Originated From

Contributing to simple ira after 70.5

Can i still contribute to a simple ira while taking the minimum distribution?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


No. You must be under the age of 701/2 in order to contribute to a traditional IRA.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: IRA Contributions

Can I make an IRA Contribution for the previous year, if I have an extension on my taxes?

Asked: Rolling SEP and SIMPLE IRAs into traditional IRA ...

Can my SEP IRA and my SIMPLE IRA be rolled into my traditional IRA?

Asked: Employer not making timely deposits to my SIMPLE ...

I have a SIMPLE IRA through my employer. Although my contribution is promptly withdrawn from my monthly check, my employer does not deposit my contribution into my IRA on a regular basis. Sometimes ...

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Can I convert my SEP or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA? Any year advantage?

Yes, you may convert a SEP or SIMPLE IRA to a ROTH. However, for SIMPLEs you must wait until 2 years from the first deposit or risk paying a penalty above and beyond the ordinary income tax associated with the conversion. As for which year to do it: if you convert in 2010 it is possible to delay ...

2008 Traditional IRA/401k combined limit

Traditional: For 2009 the income limit (adjusted gross income) is $55,000 for single, $89,000 for married. If you exceed these limits you can still contribute but you will need to contribute on an after tax basis. If you are over the income limit you have to do an IRA to an IRA after tax or convert ...

2013 tax laws for ira charitable deduction .

The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA) again resume the charitable distribution for 2013 but many transition rules were included in ATRA to enable taxpayers to have a donation made before February 1, 2013. tax lawyer in new york

I participate in my employer's retirement plan ...not allowed to open a

Houston, TX - (Retirement, Financial & Wealth Accumulation Planning) - Http://www.fitzfp-llc.com , or to get your free retirement calculator 2.0 - RetirementplanningTX Can an individual contribute to a traditional IRA if he or she has other retirement plans? Yes, individuals can contribute to a ...