Can i contribute to a simple ira after 70.5?

You said i cant contribute to a traditional ira after 70.5 does

That also apply to a simple ira?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


I cannot find anything limiting the contribution to a Simple IRA based upon age. It seems that so long as you have enough income to qualify you to contribute to a Simple IRA, you can do so no matter what age you are.

Do you have a question on your personal taxes or small business taxes? Post your question or you can also read my articles on <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="" class="comlink"></a>

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: What is auto financing?

What is auto financing?

Asked: I have heard of equipment financing...

I have heard of equipment financing. I would like to purchase equipment, suggest a good bank that can finance it.

Asked: Finance for Business

I have been into business for the past two years and I am looking to expand it, right now I'm looking for some systematic funding. Which Finance company/bank can help me with this?

Be The First To Answer

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Can I convert my SEP or SIMPLE IRA to a Roth IRA? Any year advantage?

Yes, you may convert a SEP or SIMPLE IRA to a ROTH. However, for SIMPLEs you must wait until 2 years from the first deposit or risk paying a penalty above and beyond the ordinary income tax associated with the conversion. As for which year to do it: if you convert in 2010 it is possible to delay ...

2008 Traditional IRA/401k combined limit

Traditional: For 2009 the income limit (adjusted gross income) is $55,000 for single, $89,000 for married. If you exceed these limits you can still contribute but you will need to contribute on an after tax basis. If you are over the income limit you have to do an IRA to an IRA after tax or convert ...

2013 tax laws for ira charitable deduction .

The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA) again resume the charitable distribution for 2013 but many transition rules were included in ATRA to enable taxpayers to have a donation made before February 1, 2013. tax lawyer in new york

I participate in my employer's retirement plan ...not allowed to open a

Houston, TX - (Retirement, Financial & Wealth Accumulation Planning) - Http:// , or to get your free retirement calculator 2.0 - RetirementplanningTX Can an individual contribute to a traditional IRA if he or she has other retirement plans? Yes, individuals can contribute to a ...