Originated From

Civil Suit

Can you file a civil suit aganst some one for a person that has died?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it


Yes, depending on your status.   As an executor or administrator of their estate you can.  If you want to sue the person you think is responsible for their death you might be able to under the Wrongful Death statutes in your state; they will spell out WHO (what relationship or status you must have) has "standing" (as it's called) to file a Wrongful Death suit on behalf of the estate and/or the survivors of the deceased.

You should see a lawyer and there is a time limit (statute of limitations) on how long you have to file the suit.


ROBonYEDDA@YAHOOl.com Wisdom comes from Study, Travel & Life experiences! MY YEDDA CONCEPT IS: Good questions deserve good answers; Poor ones deserve a quick/poor answer. Dumb or silly, deserves same ... and the occasional but inevitable Idiots are best just ignored.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Do I need an attorney to file a civil lawsuit

do I need an attorney to file a civil lawsuit

Asked: How to file a civil lawsuit in the state of ...

How to file a civil lawsuit in the state of Louisiana? Is there a statute of limitations? Can the paperwork be secured online?

Asked: How do i file against a attorney in a civil ...

how do i file against a attorney in a civil lawsuit

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Who do I talk to I have a malpractice suit against ...

The attorney does not think that he can recover his cost is legalese for, "You don't have a case." OY Veight, Esq.

How to paint a zentai suit, If i don't wnt to the ...

The Graco 18v Paint Sprayer is ideal for small jobs such as you describe.

Who pratices law protecting Civil Rights violations? I need firm

Try searching on www.insiderpages.com for a firm. Good luck!

Civil suit for child support fraud

To whom it may concern: You can't sue the state, you sue the county, they are violating Section 1983 of Title 42 of the civil rights act, the 5th amendment, and the 14th, amendment. The most important case to use is: Lugar v. Edmonson Oil Co, 457 U.S. 992. It will give you the constitutional ...