Discuss Lisa's answer to: Back Child Support - Deceased ex-husband

My ex-husband died this morning and he owes me at least $13,000 in back child support and I know he had life insurance. My youngest child is 18 and I was wondering if the friend of the court pursues ...

I found out that Friend of the Court will put a lien on life insurance policies if the non-custodial parent dies before they finish paying back child support.  But, they have to have a death certificate and the insurance policy number.  I only had to give them the obituary from the newspaper and the name of the insurance company.  They said they could get everything from those two things.

Liked this answer? Tell your friends about it
Add Your Comment (or add your own answer)