i have a dog, (lab). everytime i let her outside to do her business, she will eat the berries that have fallen on the ground. the tree is a bradford pear tree. are these berries poisonous? i need to know if these berries will harm my dog in anyway. thanks!
i looked it up and haven't found anything saying they are poison ,but i would still be careful letting your dog eat them , keep an eye on her/him and make sure there is no symptoms of poisoning some other things such as grapes, onions are poisonous to dogs and certain nuts , if he shows any symptoms call a vet .
I have a Pug that we caught eating these berries off the bradford pear. I don't know if it caused it or not, but three days later, she had a stroke. I read on another sight that when the berries mix with stomach acids, they form cyanide. So I haven't found out for sure yet if it was the cause of the stroke or not.
Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:
Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them