What basic steps can I take to prevent my house from being burglarized?
you can fix a burglarproof door.
1. Fit strong locks to external doors and windows, and make sure they are locked at all times.
2. Always remove all keys from inside locks, and keep them out of sight and in a safe place.
3. Fit sturdy deadlocks (British Standard BS3621) to all doors.
4. Make sure your doors and frames are strong and in good condition – wood doors should be at least 44mm thick.
5. Use high security, anti snap, anti pick and anti bump cylinder locks on UPVC doors.
6. Fit a door chain or bar and door viewer (spy-hole), and use them.
7. Never leave a spare key in a convenient hiding place such as under the doormat, in a flowerpot or behind a loose brick – thieves know to look there first.
8. When you are out in the evening, leave your lights on and shut the curtains.
9. Install outside security lighting; if other people can see your property a burglar may think twice.
10. Keep your tools and ladders securely locked up – a burglar could use them to get into your house.
Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:
Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them