Originated From
AOL Search

In AZ, how do I leagly declare my child to be incorrigible and what are the consequenses of doing so? I can't take anymore.

In AZ, how do I leagly declare my child to be incorrigible and what are the consequenses of doing so?        I can't take anymore.

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

3 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

You don't, the courts do and often the parents are held accountable for their child's behavior. 

To declare a minor incorrigible, means that the minor is "incapable of being corrected."  Usually that will be the judgment of a Superior Court, after the juvenile's second similar felony.  Any subsequent offenses will be tried as an adult.

California and Texas both have juvenile offender statutes.  Other states may or may not have these statutes.

To be adjudged incorrigible, a minor must have demonstrated a complete or near complete disregard for the rules of society, antisocial or other personality disorder, and must have shown several other tendencies to such a degree that the minor is adjudged incapable of correction.

Complaints from parents that a minor is such a threat to the family that placement in a correctional program is appropriate will generate a visit from a social worker and possibly a police officer.  The minor may then be taken in custody if the parent signs the proper documents.

The minor will then undergo psychological evaluation and may be placed as a ward of the court in the care of an institution suitable for the minor's care and correction.

This is an admission on the part of the parents that they have failed the child as much as the child has failed the parents.  This is quite often the turning point for juvenile offenders as juvenile detention has the resources to turn a disorderly teenager around.



Eschew Obfuscation!

if a child has really become incorrigible ,you should ask a visit by a social worker or a authorized person to assure that the child really is incorrigible ,if they also see and believe then only further steps should be taken.


<a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://www.schoolanduniversity.com/" class="comlink">http://www.schoolanduniversity.com/</a>

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: What kind of job should i seek with a Bachelors of ...

what kind of job should i seek with a Bachelors of Science in Biology Degree?

Asked: What happened to most scientific group on Linkedin ...

behavioral medicine group once attached within linkedin. My most reliable group as far as actual science is concerned. Now, punched in and it's gone?

Asked: Social security director

how to contact Evelyn Jordan

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions

Child development classes cognative dev how do it help children

In the UK, pre-school education in nursery classes or schools is fully funded by local government for children aged over three. Pre-school education can be provided by childcare centres, playgroups, nursery schools and nursery classes within primary schools. Tumble Tots (C and L Surrey Ltd)

Discipline for child

Our government dependent friend the leftist Muslim Atheist poster has spent over 8 hours posting under his fake Marine alias and over 2 hours posting under his Fred G. alias. This doesn't count his hours and hours of posting under anonymous. We know they're his aliases because both of those ...

Az dui laws 1992

What about it? Your question is kind of vague. http://duilawyersnow.org/

I pay for child support for a 19 year old who just got married and still

It depends on your state. In many states you are only required to pay support up to age 18 or 19. In some states it can go to 21. I think that if the child marries, they are taken to be an adult, but it may depend on your state law or the terms of a divorce. Illinois says a child is emancipated ...