Originated From
AOL Search

Can you apply for social security disability while receiving severance pay?

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

2 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

social Security has to do with age and disability.. If your at minimum 62 you can file for S.S. without worrying about how much your bringing home.. It will depend on how much you make a year as to how much s.s.i. you can keep.. Also, if your spouse died and worked approx. ten years then at 60 you can collect survivor's insurance without concerning yourself as to how much you personally make.. .

Go ahead, make my question.

Yes, your severance pay is different from any social security disability benefits you may receive as this is often based on your accumulated work credits.


However, if you're applying for disability benefits under SSI or Supplemental Security Income, the amount you're receiving as part of your severance pay may affect your claim or may even result to it getting rejected.

Mesriani Law Group is a full service law firm in Los Angeles with professional lawyers specializing in Personal Injury Law, Employment Law, Business Law and Social Security Disability Claims. <a href="" rel="nofollow" cl="http://www.mesrianilaw.com" class="comlink">http://www.mesrianilaw.com</a>

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Want to invest money in funds in Indonesia?

Want to invest money in funds in Indonesia? Please help!

Asked: My portfolio in Daily Finance will not print

My portfolio in Daily Finance will not print

Asked: Finance jobs in real estate?

Is there any job opportunity for finance major in real estate? http://dynabuild.us/

Be The First To Answer

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and answer them

More Questions

Why has Alabama Medicaid stopped paying my medicare premiums

Expect huge cutbax on VA, SSI, SSA. O-care won't cover U. Copays 25 X what you have now. Won't work with L&I either. Buy lots of bandaids. Hope they will do what a Dr. once did. U can't see Ur regular Dr. again. Just wait in line 4 nothing.

I have a child who was disabled and mentally ...

DSHS should cover it. If not them, SSA or SSI Medicare. Contact ur Congressman or Senator. Time's wasting, don't delay.

Car accident 25 years ago, went on disability 9 ...

Insurance co's can pull snarky trix. They want an IME? Do what they say. Otherwise they can turn U down flat.

Can you receive (non-government) pension and social security disability

It would make sense that you could collect both because one is private and the other is governmental but I'd suggest speaking to your local social security office to double check.