Originated From
The Washington Times

Abusive Soilders

My husband and I have been separated for about 8 months and has always been phyically and emoinally abusive to when since I got pregnant with our first child. A few weeks ago we talked on the phone and he threatend to come kill with a gun. What do I need to do? He is currently at Fort Sam Houston,Tx. Thank you,Heather McIntyre

Liked this question? Tell your friends about it

5 Answers

Order by
Oldest to Newest
Newest to Oldest

You might try contacting his commanding officer or the base chaplain for help.

Additionally, here is a link to a domestic abuse prevention hotline; they should be able to give you some assistance and/or point you towards resources which address your particular situation.


Finally, if you feel you and your child are in physical danger you might consider filing a Restraining Order against your husband.

A Restraining Order is not a guarantee that your husband will be unable to harm you, but it does give you a measure of legal protection against him and his threats and allows the police to arrest him or remove him for violating the Order.

Take care,


Turn off the television and teach your children how to think. ~ Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. (B. Franklin) ~ I do not respond in Comments ~ Trespassers will be eaten. Cowards, idiots and spammers will be shot on sight. ~ YeddaHeads

Ah, Little Sister . . . your story tears me up! Along ith jkgrandma's input is mine....

Get ahold of adult and child protection services in your area. You are an empowered individual and a mother. Serve OUR Childre, love yourself and call the cops on this psuedo protector of the land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow your Gut on this one. Get all the help possble--It's OUT THERE FOR YOUR CHILDREN and You.



"Educating the general average person citizenry--The GAP Citizenry--One person at a Time. Peace needs Nurturing, Care and Love."

There are several things about him that would help in answering your very very important question.  One is his combat history over the last eight years.  The other is does he have a personal history of being abused by his own parents.  These are, in my opinion, questions you need to answer to whomever if you decide to follow my suggestions below.

You need to immediately contact His commander at Fort San Houston, TX.  Tell him what your husband said and ask him to put you in thouch with the camp pyschiatrist.  Your husband needs immediate attention and help.  He could be experiencing post combat syndrom much like post partum after child birth.  You may remember some of those anxieties yourself.

My reason for immediate action is, of course, his threat to you but also, that threat may be his way of telling everyone he is ready to commit suicide.  The aremed services are currently dealing with a high degree of suicide so the pyschiatrist will know how to deal with your husband.

In the interim, you also need to alert your local police department so that they can respond as quickly as possible if you need them plus knowing what they are about to be dealing with.  They will give you a phone number for you to put in the quick dial on your land line and cell phone.

My prayers will also be with you, Dave Sweeney

first let me tell u that u need to go to the police get a restraning order and go do some defencive trainning to protect urself against him. or at least go to a family member for help.

Put a recording device on your phone and record every call.  Delete the ones that are not from him.  From there bring these recordings to the police and get a restraining order.  Even if he comes up to you and does nothing, he will still be breaking the law and either have to go to jail or court.  Without protection legally you could be at risk.  If you meet requirements you could request for them to waive your filing fee.

Related Questions

Other people asked questions on similar topics, check out the answers they received:

Asked: Does the board help with a very abusive boss who ...

does the board help with a very abusive boss who rants & raves and uses very foul language?

Asked: Who can a minor who has been abused go when ...

who can a minor who has been abused go when the police and cps wont believe him The mother is a pathological liar the step father is a phycho who has drug and anger problems himself The mother had two ...

Asked: How can i leave and be safe. my boyfriend told me ...

domestic abuse shelters near mei need to know thelaw of walking away from a domestic vilence. if I leave can my friend, ex change the locks with all my belongings inside of the house we share

Ask a Question... We'll forward it to people who know

More Questions


Enjoy the show

I have a disability. i am being emotionally abused by a neighbor. i want

You need a lawyer. A lawyer will probably give you a half hour to see if they will take your case, perhaps on a contingency basis where they get a percentage. A lawyer can tell you the law in your state. Threats are one thing; insults are something else. Maybe you will need to keep records of ...

What can you do if someone verbally abuses you? If ...

KID....using my words of advice that I gave to that mother for her daughter is a cowardly thing to do. Now, I know for sure that you never were a Marine. How do I know? Because you are a coward par excellence, hiding behind Anonymous Answer as a name, but using your old habits. What a KID you ...

Abuse?, send me any answers to how to deal with ...

You are confused and love is forever, but fortunately it is now illegal (it didn't used to be) to abuse your spouse. God is there for you, but he can't help him any. You need to take better care of yourself. Leave. It's true that over time things just get worse because it just becomes a normal ...